Or a Snow Leopard, in acrylics. An unfinished one, mind, but it’s still an ounce.
I’m out of practice with this actual painting malarkey, but at least with Tuesdays being my Creative Paradise day I have to create something – or at least have a go. Warts and all, what I create for Tuesday will appear on Tuesday.
Debbie’s Asleep for One Word Sunday.
Let me rephrase that. ‘Asleep’ is Debbie’s theme for One Word Sunday this week, and I have a few photos to share of a few sleeping critters. Warning – there may be spiders.
- Above is my old friend ShadowCat before he ventured to pastures new. Seen here, fast asleep sunbathing.
- Back in September 2013, I caught the above critter sleeping on the job. Well, I presumed she was sleeping.
- I’m sure this wasp was only pretending to sleep, but it does look well away.
- This shield bug was deep into hibernation in December 2016, well he seemed to be anyway. I moved a wooden panel and he was behind it. I must have disturbed him though, for a few days later he was gone. It’s terrible when something wakes you during a lovely sleep.
- Another spider asleep on the job. And look at all the space this one is taking up! They do sleep in the oddest of places.
- Yet another sleeping spider… or one lying in wait! September 2016 this time – and you can clearly see how relaxed this critter is.
- And finally, back in May 2016, this little fluffy bundle were taking an afternoon nap together.
I hope you enjoyed this little trip through time – or, as I think it should be called time naps photography. I also hope that if you don’t like spiders, you aren’t feeling all that traumatised now. Please visit Debbie’s site (a link will appear here later), where you will find links for last week’s theme Baleful. See. We can’t stop time travelling once we start!
I felt like painting a quick digital doodle of a lion, so I did. A quick twenty minutes of sploshing a bit of digital colour here and there, with a few layers thrown into the mix, and a dash of artistic licence brought me to this result here, which I’m quite pleased with.
I then tweaked it slightly in Photoshop Elements, just to make it stand out a little more.
And then, I went one stage further and then decided to stop.
It was only a quick doodle, after all!
It’s One Word Sunday once again, with Debbie’s theme this week being ‘Discreet’
And here’s a quick shot of Jude the Cat being discreet – although her eyes are kind of giving her away!
trample yon flowers
thine fine dandy cat
as thy aim to pounce
and seize the day…
to thine carefree, cute,
and most unsuspecting prey.
hidden by both
dense camouflage and leaves
a band of rain causes
the mood to change…
thine ransom absconds
by both magic and luck
and a slightly uncovered
(Ahem. I blame poetic licence)