Nearly missed this on the Nature Trail today… a frog basking on a lily pad.
For this I’ve used my expensive paints (!) and a good brush. I can see instantly the difference between the paints, even when I squeezed the paints the new ones were much better than the el-cheapo ones at even leaving the tube. I made a bit of a booboo though when I bought the new tubes of paint – I forgot to get the white, so I had to mix the el-cheapo white with the more expensive red for the flower, and got the yucky red colour rather than the vibrant reddy-pink I was aiming for. Well, I’m still learning! And the flower’s really background anyway…
Also with this one, the reflection beneath the flower was very dark, but I got carried away and filled in the space on the leaf and I shouldn’t have done, and then I ran out of the green colour I was using for the water, hence it being a bit angular and blotchy.
I enjoyed painting the frog. And here was me wanting a plain animal to paint today after yesterday’s owl… here’s the frog on its own, without the distracting background: