The last time a date similar to this occurred was 09:09:09, not too long ago. An even similar date occurred 1000 years ago, 10:10:10. I remember it well! 🙂
It’s a bit of a big thing for organised events for positive action on climate change, with lots of events happening around the world, details are at http://www.1010global.org/
A little closer to home, things are slightly quieter for me today. I’m sneezing every two minutes as I have a bit of a cold, which means things aren’t that quiet, but never mind that! Stay with the moment and all that!
I’ve been doing a bit of research into the number ten, and have found that:
- The tenth card of the Tarot is The Wheel of Fortune, which can mean:
- Turning point; Opportunities; Possibilities
- Destiny; Fate; Superior Forces; Movement
- Development; Activity; Surprises; Expansion
- Sudden Events; Speed; New Developments; Life Cycles
- Interpretation; Sudden Change; Discention; Approachability
Which is a bit of a coincidence considering I was writing about interpretation and destiny yesterday. I honestly don’t plan these things, you know, they just happen! 🙂
- J is the tenth letter of the alphabet. J also represents current density in electricity
Now you have to just see that one to believe it! Current (as in now) and density = destiny (well, the letters are there!)
- Kappa is the tenth letter of the Greek alphabet
- Capricorn is the tenth sign of the zodiac
- X is the roman numeral for 10
- Hexagram 10 in the I Ching is Lu, which stands for treading carefully:
Keyphrase: Correct conduct.
Formed By The Trigrams: Heaven over Lake.
Imagery: The sky over a lake.
General: A successful journey can be assured if one careful step at a time is taken.
Love: Goodwill is the key to solving any relationship issues.
Business: Achieving success within business is best accomplished treating others with courtesy and respect.
Personal: Focus on ridding yourself of any feelings of envy or jealousy.
Overview: Lu relates to the need to develop your social skills and to make sure that they are sincere and not insincere. It indicates a need to make sure that jealousy or envy are not present within your life and if they are, to take steps to resolve them. Lu is all about inequality and the need to avoid it.
(The above was taken from http://www.psychic-revelation.com/ )
- J in the Celtic Tree Calendar, or Ogham, is represented by Ioho, or Yew (I and Y are also represented by the same tree), and it represents rebirth; complete change in life direction or attitude.
- 10 is represented by ‘dec’, for example decade, decimal or December.
Hang on! December is the twelfth month of the year, that can’t be right. But it is! October is the tenth month of the year, but ‘oct’ indicates 8. This only makes sense when you realise that the Roman calendar began in March, making December the tenth month. Trivial, but true!
- 10 is cool in this little rhyme to remember the Celsius temperature scale:
Thirty is hot
Twenty is nice
Ten is cool
Zero is ice
- Ten little facts about the number ten have been listed above, well, including this one. This one actually isn’t a fact, it’s a statement. It is the truth though, so that does in fact make it a fact! 🙂
Enjoy your day!