Happy Winter Solstice 2016! For today’s post: a short selection of the more ‘Feel Good’ quotes regarding Winter that I came across:
- If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind? (Percy Bysshe Shelley)
- No Winter lasts forever; no Spring skips its turn (Hal Borland)
- Write about Winter in the Summer (Annie Dillard)
- Winter blues are cured every time with a potato gratin paired with a roast chicken (Alexandra Guarnaschelli)*
- Even in Winter an isolated patch of snow has a special quality (Andy Goldsworthy)
- Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake (Sara Raasch)
- Are ye the ghosts of fallen leaves, O flakes of snow, for which, through naked trees, the winds A-mourning go? (John B. Tabb)
- Love has different shapes, like this falling snow in winter (Rizki De)
- A sad tale’s best for winter: I have one of sprites and goblins (William Shakespeare)
- As the season changes, we learn to adapt (Lailah Gifty Akita)
*I can’t say I’ve tried potato gratin, but personally I much prefer roast potatoes anyway… and roasties with roast chicken, well, that’s just a Feel Good thought in itself! I can smell them roasting as I type.
As it’s the first day of Winter (officially – I’ve been in Winter for a while now), I shall end this post with a Winter photo (images from Microsoft ClipArt), should we somehow forget how Winter looks:
And remember… whatever the weather, however cold and dark it may get, keep your eyes and mind open and allow the goodness in. With an open mind, you will Feel the Goodness… guaranteed!